Based in Gothenburg, Sweden
October 3, 2014
Press / Business contact:
412 82 Gothenburg
YCJY is an indie game studio based in Gothenburg, Sweden. in 2014 Christopher and Josef got together and made the game Keep Walking EP. We strive to create unique and interesting game experiences.
HistoryAfter Keep Walking EP
After making Keep Walking EP we wanted to try making something a bit bigger. The only initial idea was that it would be underwater and the player would be a submarine. Once we got the background water and some of the foliege into the game we thought this would be cool and expanded it even futher. Inspiration from Star Wars, Planet of the Apes, Super Metroid and Shadow of the Collosus defined the look, gameplay and story of the game. We incorporated current events and more modern design choices to keep the game from feeling done before. We noticed a lot of rogue-like random generated games were coming out so we decided to make a hyper designed game, where almost every tile has thought behind it.Kickstarter
The community helped make this game much better by sucesfully funding the Kickstarter and getting it Greenlit on Steam. As our first commersial relese we are very proud to present The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human.
The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human [Release Trailer - January 19th] YouTube
There are far more images available for YCJY, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for YCJY. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "DreamHack Indie Award" - Karlshamm, Sweden, 29 May, 2015
- "Shadow of the Colossus of the Sea... I need more games like this in my life."
- Ben Davis, Desctructoid
- "The combination of the art style and soundtrack makes for a fantastically melancholy, but sinister, atmosphere in the game."
- Jem Alexander, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human is going to be a deep-sea Metroidvania smash hit."
- Brian Hamby, Indieruckus
- "A very interesting game that a lot of players will find fits their taste."
- Mattias Sörbom, IGN
- "We fell in love with the atmosphere in the game immediately and had a hard time stop playing."
- Dreamhack Jury, Dreamhack
Christopher Andreasson's private Website http://www.christopher-andreasson.com/.
Josef Martinovky's private Website http://josefmartinovski.wix.com/.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Designer, Programmer, YCJY
Designer, Artist, Sound, YCJY